World Kidney Day is a global health awareness campaign focusing on the importance of the kidneys and reducing the frequency and impact of kidney disease and its associated health problems worldwide.
Do you know that your Kidneys…?
- Weigh less than 1% of your body weight?
- Receive 20% of the blood that is pumped by your heart?
- Filter 180 litres of fluids per day to produce 2 litres of urine?
- Maintain your body’s internal environment constant?
- Remove harmful wastes from your body via urine?
- Produce certain essential hormones?
- Erythropoietin which stimulates the bone marrow to produce red blood cells
- Renin to regulate blood pressure
- Activate Vitamin D to produce calcitriol which helps maintain calcium balance in the bones.
Prepare by : Ph. Tee